5 Reasons Why Resistance Bands Are Essential for Your Basement Home Gym
As people work remotely or dodge crowded health clubs, the home gym has become a top fitness trend. Over the years, our basement has slowly evolved into a home gym, becoming even more critical for the whole family during the pandemic. Create a safe and motivating fitness space if a home is where your health is. The Centers for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) recommends adults get at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise a day, 5 days a week, combined with 2 or more days of muscle-strengthening activities.
We're going to talk about our points as follows:
What are the essentials for my home gym?
- Stability Ball: Strengthens muscles, improves balance, and increases stability.
- Resistance Bands: For single and multi-joint resistance exercises. Resistance bands can also be used for stretching and flexibility exercises.
- Kettlebells (or dumbbells): For whole-body strength and resistance training.
- Yoga mat: For yoga, Pilates, stretching, and activities.
- Foam Rolling: Breaks adhesions, reduces soreness, and improves blood flow.
- Stationary bike
- Rowing machine
But why do we recommend resistance bands more?
- Convenience and portability
- Customizable resistance levels
- Safe for all fitness levels